Water-saving equipment irrigation technology has develo […]
Water-saving equipment irrigation technology has developed rapidly in my country in recent years. The main advantages of this technology are water saving, labor saving, changeable planting structure, integrated construction of water and fertilizer, and improvement of the small environment. However, there are also many problems. Similar to many of our occasions, the use of irrigation products is unreasonable, and improper understanding causes many losses. In the formulation of irrigation systems and water management, the characteristics of crops are not well integrated, and there are also deficiencies in irrigation equipment production and construction companies.
Advantages of water-saving irrigation in my country:
1. Water saving
At present, most flower companies still use artificial water pipes for watering. This method not only has uneven watering but also has the problem of wasting a lot of water. If plug-in, drip irrigation, and small pipe outflow methods are used, the uniformity of irrigation can be improved, and water can be saved by 50% to 70% compared with manual irrigation.
2. Labor saving
The labor saving can reach more than 90%. Nowadays, labor costs continue to rise, and it is not easy to hire workers. If water-saving irrigation is adopted, manual labor can be saved to a large extent and the efficiency of manual use can be improved. If combined with automatic controllers or programmable controllers, frequency converters, manpower input can be greatly reduced.
3. The planting structure can be changed
Roof greening and three-dimensional flower beds are increasingly used in practice. The use of micro-irrigation and drip irrigation to promote three-dimensional greening has achieved remarkable results.
4. Integrated construction of water and fertilizer
The coupling of water and fertilizer is one of the hot spots of irrigation at present. At the same time of irrigation, fertilization and spraying are performed simultaneously according to the needs of different growth periods of flowers.
5. Improve the small environment
For flowers that are not resistant to high humidity, drip irrigation can be used. For flowers that like high humidity, micro-spraying can be used. Sprinkler irrigation can also play a role in cooling down, improving the local environment of plants.
Problems and Solutions of Water-saving Irrigation Technology
1. Insufficient understanding of irrigation products
There will be some investment in the early stage of water-saving irrigation, and maintenance is needed in the later stage, which creates an obstacle for flower enterprises. For example, the flow channel of the dripper is very fine and requires high water quality, and it needs to be equipped with a filter system during construction. In fact, as long as the design is proper, the investment of the filtration system will not be very high, and timely maintenance can extend the service life of the filtration system, which can completely make up for the labor and water input of non-water-saving irrigation methods. It is understood that the self-pressure drip-arrow drip irrigation system requires an investment of about 2,000 yuan/mu, the micro-sprinkler irrigation system requires an investment of about 1,000 yuan/mu, and the artificial point irrigation system only requires an investment of about 300 yuan/mu. The cost is not very high, but the later benefit is great.
2. The characteristics of crops are not well integrated in the formulation of irrigation schedules and water management.
Flower companies should formulate irrigation systems in accordance with the water and fertilizer requirements of different plants in different growth periods. It is not scientific to blindly pursue water conservation. The flower varieties that use Dijian micro-irrigation equipment in potted flowers are mainly products with higher commodity value and longer production cycles. Usually poinsettia, anthurium, pineapple, pitcher plant, phalaenopsis, national orchid, etc., the growth cycle of these flowers is from 5 to October, or even longer, during the growth cycle, there must be 1 to 3 watering a day. If water-saving irrigation is adopted, the quality and regularity of flowers can be improved while saving labor, and economic benefits can be increased.
3. There are also deficiencies in irrigation equipment production and construction companies. First of all, the quality of domestic irrigation products needs to be further improved, and more innovative talents and scientific research institutions are needed to join in product research and development and create independent brands. Later, the product quality supervision system should be strengthened to ensure that the products can meet relevant requirements before they leave the factory. Second, we should improve customer service and teach customers how to use and maintain products and equipment correctly. The construction company should review the current situation, match different flower varieties with different irrigation equipment, and timely feedback the problems encountered during construction to the manufacturer, who will update the product performance and parameters according to actual needs to meet market demand.